Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Penny Rug Workshop

Our Guild held a workshop on Saturday and learned how to make penny rugs. We met in a wonderful art studio In SLC that belongs to a gal who teaches decorative painting - it was just beautiful! Kits were provided for those who wanted them, and some chose to use their own wool and color selection. Pictures of the day are below.






Towards the end of our meeting, Miriam gave us a demonstration of how she finishes the edges of her rugs when she makes them into pillows - or Christmas stockings -




All in all - it was a great day of learning and visiting with like-minded friends!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like this was a lot of fun. I love group crafting.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle!
    Thought I would pop in and see what your up to!
    Awesome blog ~ looks like you had a lot of fun!
    Someday I'll learn how to do that ~ I'm going to follow you ~ maybe I'll learn something to get me started.
    Thanks for joining in the fun!
    Good Luck!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete